Richard and I don't always do gifts for Valentines but this year I had spotted a nice idea that i wanted to try and copy. Maps in different shapes and sizes are all the thing at the moment you can buy them online at the trendy stores for lots of money, or you can see the idea, buy an atlas, cut it up and hey presto the same finished product for less that half the cost. I had to limit the hearts to 9 places we had visited together. Fortunately I found a good sized map of Europe that when cut covered all of Germany for our trip last year but also Paris, Prague and Budapest. I chose Newcastle for the centre heart to show that its home, I'm not sure what to do when we travel to more countries, maybe I'll have to make another frame!
4 comments:
Oh Lou, I think you guys are romantics at heart. Did you put Italy in one of those maps? I don't think Richie would have forgiven you for that. Glad to see both Manhattan and Grenada in the frame.
I love this. I think it turned out so great. One day I might have to copy it.
Oh and I saw the original on Etsy and I like yours better!
great idea! i might copy you!
Post a Comment