Thursday, 17 February 2011

Richards Birthday

9th of Febraury marked a milestone for Richards as he reached his 30th Birthday.  I few days before we had gone out to eat with friends and I had arrange for the restuarant to bring out a cake for him after our meal.  He was a little embarrassed when we all started to sing but still joined in with the spirit of turning 30!!


On the morning of Richards birthday I thought I would surprise him with a little treat. Secretly I had booked two days off work with his boss and i'd arrange for us to go and stay in a nice hotel for the night. Seaham Hall has a spa and guests are able to make use of the facilities for the day of their stay and the following day as well.  So we had two very relaxing days sitting by the pool and dipping in and out of the many hot tubs, steam rooms, massage stations and saunas.  I was a lovely relaxing atmosphere. The two hot tubs that were outside didn't get used too much. As you can imagine in February the air wasn't that warm.

Our 5 star Hotel,  beats the Travelodge any day!

Richard reading his complimentary morning newspaper

This was our Hotel - Seaham Hall.

Me looking refreshed after a day sat in the spa.  The Spa is the building in the background.
I had also booked for us to eat in the Hotels restaurant for our evening meal that night. The restuarant was extremely fancy!! It has previously been a holder of the Michelin Star Award and you can certain tell by the menu.  We were given entrees then pre starters beofre our starter ordered from the menu. Then the main and a desert.  Richard's  Main was pan fried haddock with purple potatoes, I had truffle gnocchi with Quails eggs and Butternut Squash.  It was all very tasty, well everything apart from the tomato juice and parmasan foam that we had as one of the entrees.  It was a shame that you weren't allowed to take cameras into the restaurant, I could have had some beautiful foody pictures. We finished with Rice pudding and plum compote,  not jam, compote!!
  
Our room and us all dressed up ready for our evening meal.

The underground walkway from the Hotel to the Spa


The elephant which stands at the main entrance to the Spa.

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Old Man!, Looks like a fun Vacation!

Lyndzee said...

I need you here to plan my 30th birthday! It all sounds fabulous!

Maria said...

This post made me laugh so much. I can't believe Richie is already 30. Wish we were there with you guys to celebrate. He looks like such a proper rich man in the picture reading the news paper. Also, I noticed his new clothes..fianlly he got some. Glad you guys had a great time.
p.s Purple potatoes..huh? I don't know what to think of those.