Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Day in the Life of Mr Sphericals

I am behind on my blogging and feel like I've not had time to post anything for a while now. These photos are from some time ago but I still wanted to post them just to give you an insight into the world of Benji AKA Mr Sphericals.

This boy is obsessed with water, These pictures were in Leazes Park in the middle of town, now the lake has no fencing around it so Benji knew he could get to the water. every time I put him on the ground he crawled right to the edge and would have happily crawled into the lake if I hadn't been watching. Eventually I gave up and fastened him back into the pushchair. This resulted in tears - something I am now very used to putting up with anytime we are near water.   Last week he stepped right into a pond full of tadpoles, yesterday he was read to jump over the side of a pier into the sea.  I'm not sure how to instill a fear so instead I keep watching and hope this love of water doesn't result in an injury!

After water his second love is food and then cars.  One day while I was doing other things around the house I went to find out where Benjamin had disappeared to. I soon discovered he had opened the cereal cupboard and helped himself. the cereal he had chosen must not have been quite to his taste so he then continued to search for the breadsticks.  It was so cute that i just sat and watched him, and later checked that there was nothing in the cupborad I didn't want Mr Sphericals to reach.
 Finally after a busy day of trying to get in the water and pinching food from the cupboards. the little man fell asleep while eating breadsticks in his highchair.  Its the first time he has fallen asleep in his chair and I can't remember Evie ever doing that.  It must have been time to dream about cars.

3 comments:

Lauren and Chase said...

What a cutie!! I cannot believe how big he is getting! Maybe the love of water came from all the swimming you did in Grenada while pregnant with him! haha!

analee hirschi said...

he is a cutie, He has evies eyes.
i love it when they fall asleep in crazy places

Maria said...

This post is so sweet. I love Mr. Sphericals. He looks so big and yet so different. The picture of him sleeping while eating his bread-sticks it's just sooo funny.