So it was a few weeks ago now but I needed to post a few photos from our recent holiday to Scarbrough, a beach town in Yorkshire. We spent 5 days relaxing on the sand and sightseeing. The weather was lovely and sunny but there was a cold wind so we were wrapped up warm everyday. We were able to visit some lovely castles and abbeys and had fun climbing around the ruins. So here are a load of pics to look through. I promise Benjamin and I were on this holiday we just didn't have many photos taken of us!
Our Caravan
This is the living area, the seats made up into a double bed. Even though there was a small bedroom for the children and a double bedroom for us Richard and I always used the living area as it was warmer at night than the bedroom.
Scarbrough
Scarbrough Beach Huts
Scarbrough Harbour and South Beach
Sealife Centre
I love these two pictures, the top one is of a Sea Dragon, a very strange type of Seahorse. It cleverly blended in to the seaweed. It was quite big for a Seahorse about 20-25 centimeters in length. In the bottom picture are some Jellyfish, I'm just showing off that I now know how to take pictures in the aquarium.
Robin Hoods Bay
One of my favourite places of our trip. Robin Hoods Bay is a small fishing village. There isn't really much to see but quaint cottages and lobster nets. To get down to the shore you have to walk down the steep and winding bank. It was fun trying to hold on to the pushchair on the way down and even more fun watching Richard push it back up again while I walked with Evie.
After rock pooling and staying dry the whole time Evie then fell in a puddle and had to stay wet for the rest of the day.
Abbeys and Castles
Whitby Abbey
Rievaulx Abbey
Hemsley Castle
Scarbrough Castle
4 comments:
Lou, you can't tease people like that only posting one picture..I just want to see more. Can't wait to see the others. Your holidays are just so fabulous!
So Richard tried to finish this post for me and didn't fully understand my instructions. oooops
Ok, the pictures are sooo good. Yes, you did an awesome job with the aquarium ones. I love your caravan...it looks fancy in the inside. The photo of Evie in Rievaulx Abbey makes me laugh so hard. When we come back to visit you guys we need to come to these places.
The rainbow of seaside houses is reminiscent of the Caribbean! I love the colours.
Post a Comment