Sunday, 18 October 2009

A Day of Castles

Saturday 10th October

Last weekend we were able to take a trip to Alnwick and Bamburgh Castle. We went with Matt, Sarah and the boys and a new family in our ward. First we made a stop at the Bookstore, Richard's favourite place in Alnwick and we ended up buying more than we took in this time!

We were fortunate enough to be able to sneak into the grounds of the Castle and sat on a bench to enjoy our lunch with beautiful views of the castle in front of us.

After lunch we headed across to the coast to Bamburgh castle. Our friends went into the castle while we entertained the children in the park. Evie and Edward are become as thick as thieves and follow each other around. They had a great time on this swing together and neither of them wanted to get off.


Once our friends returned we all headed down to the sea to have a quick paddle. The North Sea is not at all warm in October and I did notice Evie's feet starting to go a little pink with the cold.


Overall we had a great day and I am very appreciative of the beautiful area we live in. I especially love it in the Autumn, I think it is becoming my favourite season.


1 comment:

Maria said...

You have autumn and we still have summer. I love your new layout. I really like your pics of Bamburgh castle. That is one of the castles that I was not able to see. That is cool how Evie and Edward are getting to be buddies. I like Evie's jacket.....it reminds me of a red jacket that you have.