There is just something about walking in the park on an autumn day that I love. This day was a blustery day and we were blown all over the place. The leaves were flying everywhere making the park a beautiful place to be. 
Collecting conkers is addictive in autumn, because it was so windy lots of conkers had been blown down from the tree and we ready for our pockets. We stood for around 20mins collecting bags full. It was really hard to force ourselves to walk away and still leave more conkers on the ground.


Two little girls had a great time on the swings.


and gulls. This one has just caught a piece of bread in it's beak.
On our way back home we past our conker collecting tree, in the short time we had been at the other side of the park some rather large branches had been blown down right from the top of the tree. We were just very glad that it hadn't happened while we had been stood there.


We all enjoyed feeding the ducks, geese, swans......

and gulls. This one has just caught a piece of bread in it's beak.
On our way back home we past our conker collecting tree, in the short time we had been at the other side of the park some rather large branches had been blown down right from the top of the tree. We were just very glad that it hadn't happened while we had been stood there.
3 comments:
ohh! This post made me miss England even more!! I miss you guys loads! You look fab Lou, and am just so excited you all are having a little boy!!!
Anything new going on in Newcastle?
Conkers look an awful lot like buckeyes (aka horse chestnut tree)...the state tree for Ohio. Penny and I collected some ourselves not too long ago. She kept trying to eat them! She was less eager to bite one with it's spiky shell still on. I'm looking forward to making some buckeye cookies, a traditional Christmas treat for my family. This is closest to my mom's recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1910,159179-227192,00.html
I am jealous that you guys have the autumn right now and is still the same here in Greanda. I love Evie's hat. I agree with Lauren you look great.
Post a Comment