Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Germany - Part 3

Sorry for the number of posts just to cover one short holiday but ti was too hard to combine all of the photographs.  So after our lovely days at the castle we then headed north-east to Dresden. We had heard that Dresden was a beautiful city and worth visiting. I had calculated it to be about a 6 - 7 hour drive and was just right. We reached our Hotel in Dresden and went straight to bed ready to explore in the morning. After our all you can eat continental buffet breakfast which was extremely good we drove into the city and wandered around the sheets admiring the architecture.   

At one stage we were closer to Prague than we were Dresden. Being from an island it was strange to think about crossing into another country just by taking the wrong exit from the AutoBahn. Fortunately we never made that mistake.

A selection of Dresden's beautiful buildings.  We didn't have the best guide book on this trip so I can tell you what they all are.

Wish I knew how to Photoshop the sign out of this picture!



A mural painted along the length of one of the museums.

I found a small park near the edge of the river that had the most amazing coloured trees. I love Autumn and really appreciated having such beautiful trees to look at while we were in Germany.
 



After our morning in Dresden we then drove a little way out of the city to visit the Freiberg Temple. It was Monday and the temple was all closed so we didn't get to go into the visitors centre. The temple is so small it could easily have been mistaken for a chapel.  There really weren't any grounds to walk around either although you still get that same feeling of being in a sacred place.

No comments: